Friday, July 27, 2012

After 19 days

The decision to sign up for this OE trip was definitely one of the best decisions I have made in life.

Fulfilling is still an underestimated word to be used here. 
The things I experienced there and the new friendships forged, nothing else I can ask for.

It's really hard for me to summarize the things that happened in the 19 days in this small space below. Which is why I think it's really a good idea for us to have a reflection book. 

Throughout the 19 days, we're cut off from the internet world and I really love that feeling. 
No one will be busy with their phones, responding to whatsapp chat and surfing Facebook. It's just plain interaction with the villagers and the OE members. The bond created when we talked to each other and let others know about our backgrounds (and their backgrounds) is something hard to achieve back here in Singapore. People here are just too busy with what they have at hand. It would be good if everyone takes some time out for their friends, but I think it's hard. That's why I am loving OE so much. 

And also, the Filipinos are really nice people. The kind of heartwarming welcome that they gave us can hardly be seen in Singapore. At times, I felt like I am some VIP or celebrity there. 

Smiles of my favourite kids that always cheer me up.










While we might think that these activities are simple, it can bring many smiles of the young innocents.





There are simply too many to share. The rest shall remain in my memories.

Sad to leave the place, but the breathtaking view of Boracay is waiting for us!









Thanks OE for giving me the opportunity to complete such a meaningful project.
Thanks OE members and Philippines for the wonderful memories.
You all are missed. 

No comments: